When I started this blog - and threw out the blow dryers, curlings irons and hair gel - I had big dreams of coming home every night from a wild and wacky day, stopping at the computer for five minutes, and detailing all of my wonderful adventures in my new life.
Yeah, right...
I forgot that that I am currently the unemployed new girl in town. Translation: No one to hang out with and no money for hanging out.
Okay, that's not entirely true. I do have a couple of friends in the area, and I'm slowly making new friends, and I might have a job offer coming through in the next week or two. My life isn't quite as pathetic as I made it sound.
But . . . my life in the midwest was very spontaneous. Sure, I scheduled things ahead of time, but I also had many evenings of unplanned activity. It was fun. There were always new stories to tell at the end of the day.
Sadly, my new life here in California is not like that - yet. I love it here, and I like the new people that I'm meeting, and I have hope that someday life will be socially beautiful as well as generally beautiful. But for right now, I can see that I have my work cut out for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment